My name is Jessica Quillan and I am running for Councillor for District 4, Cole Harbour-Westphal, a position currently held by Lorelei Nicoll.
Council should reflect our community, a healthy mix of men, women and diversity.
In the history of Halifax, there has never been a Black woman (of African descent) elected.
A little about me:
• I’ve been a resident of Cole Harbour for 15 years
• Single mom raising 2 kids age 12 and 8
• Civil Servant for 10+ years, working with seniors daily
3 words that best describe me:
My Community and Volunteer Involvement:
• Chair of the School Advisory Council (SAC)- Caldwell Rd Elementary School
• Lakers Basketball Club- Board of Directors, Coaching Coordinator, Coach
• Tunnel Vision Association Non-Profit
• Anti Racism Basketball Tournament Volunteer
• Member of the School Options Committee (SOC) - Reviewing 17 schools in the Auburn/CH areas
• Member of the African Canadian Women in Public Service (ACWPS) in the Provincial Government
• Kids sports team manager